First time you're seeing this?
I'm watching this on Flix. It's beyond bizarre. Not quite awful.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It stars Melanie Griffith, David Andrews and Laurence Fishburne and a bunch of people I've never heard of. Oh, Tim Thomerson plays some guy named lester.Curious sci-fi offering has fine work from Griffith and Thomerson and an intriguing high-concept premise, but somehow doesn't quite come off. The action sequences are jarring and out of place; they probably should have concentrated more on romancing the leads, who have nice chemistry. This is grade-c stuff, but somehow whenever I see it on the tube I pause for a while and check it out. Despite flopping when released, this movie has taken on a formidable cult status since. Might be worth a look, especially if you enjoy post-apocalyptic stories like ROAD WARRIOR or WATERWORLD.
First time you're seeing this?
never heard of it.
I'd like to check it out.
sounds fun, in a bad way. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
It is pretty bad.
Once upon a time Melanie Griffith was hot.
![]()
Yeah, remember that...
And talking about future girls...
A "Tank Girl" figure sitting on the cannon will be cool [img]wink.gif[/img]
Haven't seen that movie in years.
From what I remember, there was a decent amount of nudity, since Cherry is from a line of sex robots that look like human women.
It's one of the first movies I remember wanting to see because of all the naked ladies. [img]redface.gif[/img]
Not bad for a B movie.
I haven't seen it in a long time but I remember a scene where her car is picked up by a crane hauled over this huge drain pipe of sorts. It looked like a drain system of a dam or something. It was an incredible location.
Melanie was kind of tom boyish in that movie wasn't she?
That was a great scene !! The guys shooting at melanie had rocket grenades and machine guns and couldn't hit a car suspended in midair.
And one of the best lines in the movie occurs during that scene. The crane operator gets shot and says, " I'm, hit !" Talk about creativity and pathos !!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ummmmm NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! [img]eek.gif[/img]Originally posted by *PORTHOS*:
Once upon a time Melanie Griffith was hot.
![]()
Bookmarks